Appendix A: Included Utilities
This document contains requirements for auxiliary utilities provided by the SDK, such as testing utilities.
Language-specific OpenFeature SDK implementations SHOULD expose an in-memory provider built into the SDK.
The in-memory provider is intended to be used for testing; SDK consumers may use it for their use cases. Hence, the packaging, naming, and access modifiers must be set appropriately.
Given below are features this provider MUST support,
- Provider must be initiated with a pre-defined set of flags provided to a constructor
- Feature Flag structure must be minimal but should help to test OpenFeature specification
- EvaluationContext support should be provided through callbacks/lambda expressions
- Provider must support a means of updating flag values, resulting in the emission of
- Provider must be maintained to support specification changes
SDK end-to-end testing
E2E tests must utilize in-memory provider defined within the SDK and must be self-contained.